Sunday, January 22, 2023

WEEK 4 – Education - The Sacred Heart Convent, Grand Falls, N.B. Graduating Class of 1943-44

  52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks

This year, I’ve decided to participate in “52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks” Genealogical Challenge (#52Ancestors). This is a way of chronicling my ancestors and getting the information out of my filing cabinet and out to friends and family.
If you can add to the information or have your own stories, please feel free to add them in the comments. Who knows, perhaps you’ll help me break through a few of my brick walls.
--------------------
#52Ancestors in 52 Weeks
WEEK 4 – Education - The Sacred Heart Convent, Grand Falls, N.B. Graduating Class of 1943-44

My Mother, Dorothy Robertson (nee Quigley), was born and raised in the small town of Grand Falls, New Brunswick.

She attended Sacred Heart Convent for her primary and secondary education, graduating with the class of 1943-44.

The following photo presents the graduating class of 1943-44:
(Top Row) Geraldine PLOURDE,  Sylvie TURCOTTE, Marie-Ange GODBOUT,  Dorothy QUIGLEY (My Mother), Blandine LÉVESQUE, Leroy KAVANAUGH, Colleen MULHERIN, 
(Middle Row) Arlene MAZEROLLE, Rita BAKER,  Pauline GAGNON, Joan McMANUS, 
(Bottom Row) Hectorine LÉVESQUE, McDonald KELLY, Billy ROACH and Zita McMANUS.

The Sacred Heart Convent, Grand Falls, N.B. Graduating Class of 1943-44

No comments:

Post a Comment